We’re here to help you with all your insurance requirements

Do I need travel insurance?

Whether it’s a short city-break or a once-in-a-lifetime holiday, travel insurance provides cover should you face expensive medical bills if you’re injured or taken ill, or if something goes wrong with your trip.


Types of travel insurance

There are various types of travel insurance. For example, you can get cover for a single trip, or you can buy a 12-month multi-trip policy. Cover is also available for couples, families or groups.

You can also tailor your insurance according to where you are going and the activities you’ll be undertaking, including:

Annual and Single Trip

  • European (EU) with pre-existing conditions
  • European no pre-existing conditions
  • Europe long stay
  • Worldwide
  • Winter sports
  • Cruise cover








OVER 65s

Pre-existing medical conditions

If you have an illness or medical condition for which you’ve had treatment, you will need to provide details to your insurer. Heart problems, diabetes, cancer and respiratory illnesses (such as asthma) are among the conditions that need to be declared as they could be excluded from your policy, and not mentioning them could invalidate your cover.

If you have a condition, you may have to pay more for your insurance.

You can find out more about by reading our FAQ’s.

Do I need Gadget insurance?

You may want to consider getting cover if:

  • Your gadgets are expensive to replace
  • You own several of gadgets
  • You use your gadgets on the move, e.g. reading your Kindle on your commute
  • You have lost gadgets or had them stolen before


Theft is usually covered automatically but your insurer may not pay claims if you act carelessly, e.g. you leave your iPad in your car.

Loss covers your gadgets if they are lost or stolen.

Mechanical breakdown covers your gadgets after the manufacturer’s warranty has run out. It covers blank screens, problems charging and broken buttons, but not general wear and tear.

Accidental damage is usually included automatically, to cover drops, breakages and cracked screens that stop your gadgets from working. Cosmetic damage like surface scratches and dents are not covered.

Liquid damage covers your gadgets if water or drinks are spilled on them. Most insurers include this automatically but some charge extra to add this to your policy.

Worldwide cover protects your gadgets anywhere in the world for up to 90 days each year. This means if your gadget is damaged or stolen while you are on holiday, your insurer will pay to repair or replace it.

If you are looking for peace of mind:

– Pay monthly option available – 

Do I need Car Hire Excess Waiver insurance?

If you are unsure about what car hire excess insurance is, continue reading to find out if you need it!

The answer is… it depends on the answers to these three questions:

  1. Can you afford to pay a potentially sizeable bill if something does go wrong?
  2. Is the peace of mind of knowing you are covered going to make your trip a more relaxing experience?
  3. Do you find the cover offered by car hire firms expensive?


The size of the potential bill is variable, but excesses on car hire insurance policies normally start around £500, and can easily reach £1500. We recently saw a family sized car hired in Naples, Italy (hardly the most crime free city in the world!) with a theft excess of €3299!

A good way of looking at it is that if you are comfortable with a £3000 excess on your car and home insurance policy in the UK you may well be happy with such an excess on your rental car. Do remember though that, when you are insuring your own car or home, it is you who decides whether or not to claim from your insurer whereas with a hire car it is the rental company who will make the decision as to whether you are liable for damage, and how much the charge for it will be.

If you want a totally relaxing holiday it is a good idea to think about car hire insurance.